Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back at work

Today was my first day back at work. Boy was it a rough morning. I cried in the shower, I cried getting dressed, I cried driving to Sani's and I cried all the way to work. I even cried last night while getting her things ready for the morning. Jaycee and I arrived at Sani's 8am and I didn't leave till 8:50am. I was taking Kayla (Sani's daughter) to school so she could be there by 9am. We got to Sani's early so I could hang out with them before leaving. I didn't want the first day to be rushed. Over all it was a good day, pretty relaxed getting back in the swing of things. I missed my little princess like crazy and the day couldn't go fast enough.

Sani's report............she was really good. She didn't cry but once when she woke up from a nap and only for about 2 seconds. Her first nap was at about 9:45am for 30 minutes; her second nap was around noon for almost an hour and then she fall asleep right before Daddy came to pick her up. She took her naps sleeping by herself like a big girl. She only ate 1.5 ounces from the bottle, so she was hungry when I came home from work. Stubborn little turkey!

She is doing so much better about sleeping on her own. She is still doing really well at sleeping in her bassinet at night, going on 6 nights in a row. Now we are working on getting her to bed earlier. We used to put her to bed with us around 9pm, but now we are trying to get her down by 7 - 7:30pm. Last night she didn't do well with going to bed early, tonight she is doing really well so far.

Mommy and Jaycee


Jaycee being a big girl sleeping by herself in the bassinet.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your child is beautiful! Glad to hear your first day back at work went well. It get's easier and you couldn't ask for a better place to leave her. I bet Sani - plays and holds Miss Jaycee all day - showers her with lot's of love.

She is getting so big - definatly not the infant we saw in December!