Thursday, March 12, 2009

the no-cry sleep solution


I am currently reading this book called, "the no-cry sleep solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. Gentle ways to help your baby sleep through the night. So far the book is great and is really helping with Jaycee. For those parents that don't like the cry it out method, I highly recommend this book. Tavo and I weren't crazy about letting Jaycee cry and cry; we tried and did let her cry for a half hour. But after finding that it didn't work and she wouldn't sooth herself, we tried plan B. My sister recommended the book; she used it on her second child. Tavo and I were one of those parents that thought if you put your baby to bed later she will sleep longer, we were wrong. Something the book teaches you. Jaycee is currently sleeping through the night and taking naps through out the day. Her naps are not very long but we are working on it. At night she has been going to bed at 7pm and doesn't wake up till 4:30am-5am then goes back to sleep. I wish we could either get her to wake up earlier than 5am or sleep till 7am. When she wakes up at 4:30am - 5am it's so close to the Tavo's alarm time for work. Alarm goes off at 5:30am. We are still working on it. The author also has other books........
  • No-Cry Nap Solution
  • No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers

  • No-Cry Potty Training

  • No-Cry Discipline Solution

  • Gentle Baby Care

  • Hidden Messages

  • Perfect Parenting

  • Kid Cooperation

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I had HIGH hopes of starting the Harry Potter series, but maybe I need to read up on some parenting books. Not my favorite reading I must confess, but if she's good that's awesome.

LD could benefit from all those books - Hahahhaha

That is really good if Jaycee is sleeping through the night! Awesome.