Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Progress report

We all made it through the 1st night, 1st nap, 2nd night of the new bedtime routine. It was rough, really rough!!! We have never liked the idea of letting her cry herself to sleep, but that is what we pretty much did. Nothing else was working. It truly was tough for all of us, probably more so for mommy and daddy. I cried the whole time with her last night, which was a total of 35 minutes :-( Her bedtime routine is now bath, jammies, mommy's milk, brush teeth, grab baby and then story. Then we kiss her nite nite, have her put baby in the crib and lay her down with her baby. She has a little dog that sings to her and we turned that on for 10 minutes. Last night she was so mad; she cried and cried. I sat outside her room so she could see me, I didn’t want her to think we had abandoned her. It was awful the way she fall asleep face up against her crib sitting up. She only woke up once during the night and I nursed her and again laid her in her crib before she fell asleep while nursing. She cried again for 35 minutes :-( She didn't wake up again till 6am and was happy as can be.

Naptime went well with Daddy today. She only cried for 15 minutes, but only slept for an hour:-( When I got home from work she was pretty tired, but ate a good dinner and we stayed consistent with yesterday and kept the same routine and she did so well. I'm so PROUD of her! She listened to her doggie sing to her, after the 10 minutes she let out one little cry and then laid her head against her crib and fall asleep. Poor baby she fall asleep standing up, you can tell all she wanted to do was cuddle. It was tough not to pick her up and cuddle her. I'm such a wimp, but am proud too of both of us, as we know this is going to work and she will sleep better. Love my little girl so much!!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed she sleeps well tonight. If she wakes up only once again, I'll be happy. Hopefully we won't have to hear her cry anymore though. We don't like that part at all!

This is the way she fall asleep last night :-(
And this is the way she fall asleep tonight :-(

2 comments:

CMS said...

Aww, how do kids manage to sleep like that! You're doing good, keep it up and you'll be glad you did! I think these limits you are giving her are healthy.

Maria said...

ooh, I just want to hug her :( I'm such a wimp too. You're a great Mommy Heather, so don't beat yourself up.